Return to Main Page.
What information would you expect to find in a weather report?
List in Spanish weather conditions for today in our community.
A. In this activity you will be visiting four websites for the weather and a converter for Celsius to Fahrenheit temperatures.
1. Go to the following website http://www.123.cl/canales/eltiempo/chilemap.shtml
2. Where is Chile located?
3. Why do these temperatures and weather conditions exist during this time of year?
B. Select a city from the map and write the following info in Spanish; maximum and minimum temperatures for the 2 days and the weather conditions for both days.
1. Did you find all of the weather information that you expected in #1?
2. Put a check mark beside each item in #1 that you found.
3. List the cognates that you found.
4. List words not similar in English, but that you understood from the illustrations.
5. List words that you did not understand.
Repeat #2 and #3 with four other cities.
1. List the cities and their temperatures (Fahrenheit) in order from highest maximum to lowest maximum.
2. Discuss in Spanish with a friend which 2 cities you will visit for these two days and decide what activities and clothing you will bring depending on the weather.
APPLICATIONS: Your teacher may ask you to do one or both of the following activities.
1. In Spanish create for a newspaper a weather map for a state of your choice, other than the state in which you live, label 5 cities and illustrate their weather conditions with maximum and minimum in Celsius. Go to the following website http://www.wunderground.com/
2. In Spanish create and present a 3-day weather report for a city in North or South America. Go to the following website http://es.weather.yahoo.com/
Computer with access to the world wide web or overheads of the web pages or handouts and newspapers with weather reports for the US, North America and South America.
1.1: Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information,express feelings and emotions,and exchange opinions
1.2: Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
1.3: Students present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
2.1:Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the culture studied
3.1: Students reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language.
Multiple Intelligences Addressed:
Return to Main Page.
For questions for comments, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.